Find your quickest route
Commuting just got way more convenient!
You’ve got the world at your feet!
As well as walking to work when you can, why not try walking to the shops, school or the gym?
Did you know that a third of our daily journeys are less than a mile away? Consider your regular journeys that are less than a mile. Why not plan to do some of them on foot using our Journey Planner?
Walk more every day
Could you walk to work a couple of times a week? Or, whilst at work, why not try walking to some of your meetings when it’s dry?
Try making a rule for yourself to walk to and from school, college or university every dry day. It’s a great way to bond with family or friends too!
Could you walk to the local shop to pick up your essentials instead of driving, even if it’s just once a week?
Tips for walking commuters
- Use our Journey Planner.
- Vary your route a little to keep it interesting.
- Time yourself so you know how long each route takes.
- Be prepared to adjust your route for different weather conditions.
Staying safe whilst walking
- Wear light-coloured clothing or something reflective.
- Be aware of cars and other road users.
- Keep at least one ear free from headphones.
- Check the weather forecast and plan accordingly.